Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Potty Training

We've been working with Evelyne and potty training the last few weeks. I think it's been about 3, maybe even a month since we started, I can't remember now. It's been a challenge to stick with! Diapers are so much easier. The trouble I have with the most is being on the go and putting her in diapers while we're out running errands. (When do I stop that?) And she also wears diapers for naps and bed time. She wakes up pretty dry though! I've been trying to be more conscious of how much she drinks before bedtime for sure. For the most part she's done pretty well with the big change. We're so PROUD of her.
I started off with congratulating her with stickers. (Note to self: remember to not get too excited and accidentally give your child a WHOLE SHEET of stickers because every time after that the child is going to want a WHOLE SHEET of stickers. LOL We went through a bunch of stickers the first couple weeks.. but after that she kind of forgot about them so, so did I! She gets excited to wipe, flush, wash her hands and turn off the light ("ALL BY MYSELF, Mommy!") so that distracts her enough. We're so close but I just feel like I'M not ready for the no diapers... LOL Reasons why? 1. PUBLIC RESTROOMS 2. peeing the bed at night 3. peeing in her car seat. LOL Oh well..


Sporting the underwear, leg warmers and slippers.. For some reason when she's in pants, she wets herself. Whats up with that? When will she stop doing that??





4 comments:

Alisha said...

She's doing so good!! I thought we'd never make it to the store without a pull up, but it will happen lady! One day it just clicks. Now we are learning a more polite alternative to grabbing ourselves and screaming over and over "I have to pee!!" in public places!

Brandon and Jennifer said...

YAY Sister Friend!!!! I wish they just were born and knew how to use the toilet. Would make our lives easier and better smelling...

Laura Dunford said...

Evo looks fresh out of the 70's in her underwear and leg warmers. I wish my undies were that rad and that I had small enough thighs to wear them with leg warmers at home hahha

I like your advice. I'll make sure I don't give away any full sheets of stickers when I have kids.

Darci said...

Rockin' those leg warmers! Her Auntie DarDar is so proud! I love her smile, she is so happy to be on the potty! Way to go Booty! And you have encouraged me to try harder with my little man...man oh man how I dread potty training! But it will be over some day and then yippee! No more diapers and they are so proud of themselves!