Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Emmit Michael

I know, I know.. It's been forever since I've updated this idiot thing. In fact, it's been so long since I've typed (more than just a facebook status) on an actual KEYBOARD that I'm having a hard time doing this thing called typing. ;) Our lives have been SO busy these days that I really should be keeping track of everything here on our blog. I love being able to go back and read it. I thought what better way to start this new blogging goal of my then to have my first post be about our new little tiny guy-- Emmit Michael Emmits birth story is a good one. Delivering babies is one of the best parts of pregnancy! (Obvi) I have always loved my stay at the hospital after having a baby. Seems like it's just those first couple days of bonding with your new little babe, and visits from family and friends that are oh so amazing. I stressed about this delivery for months in advanced. Natalie's birth was so CRAZY that I wasn't sure how my body was going to work the third time around.. I had been having braxton hicks for months prior to going into labor. I was huge, uncomfortable, huge and miserable. I wanted nothing more than to get this baby out of me! Both girls were three days ealy so I thought for sure Emmit would be the same. March 8th (my due date) came around and I was ready! I know people go over there due dates, but I WASN'T SUPPOSE TO BE ONE OF THOSE PEOPLE!!! ;) It wasn't uptil 4:44 in the afternoon that things really started to happen... the pain was getting more and more intense. I couldn't even think of what I needed to do. I told Stephen it probably wasn't anything and while I started to gather things around (I'm a procrastinator) and put make up on and do my hair (if it's going to happen I might as well look good!) Stephen decided to go upstairs, turn on the fan and take a nap! RUDE! So about a half an hour later I went a woke up Stephen and told him he should probably call his mother and see if she can come get the girls. *My biggest fear was waiting too long and delivering in the car!!! Refer to Natalie's birth story if you don't know why ;) She was out shopping and I was beginning to panic! So we dropped the girls off at my parents house and my mother followed us to the hospital. When we checked in I was at a 3 or a 5... I'll have to ask Stephen. Seems like a 5. BUT not effaced at all. We got all setteled in our room, I think Stephen made me walk around.. I took a bath, Stephen rubbed my back. The pain was getting worse and worse. These contractions were awful! For some reason I was determined to not have an epidural. I was starting to get dizzy and light headed because the pain was so crazy. So they gave me something (don't remember the name) to take the edge off.. It was totally worthless and I wish I hadn't taken it because it did absolutley nothing. It seemed like forever that it took to dialate. I was actually getting irritated. I expected this delivery to be like Natalie's-- quick! When I was checked again around midnight, I was at an 8 or 9. But still, no.. thinning.. at.. all! I thought maybe a c-section was going to happen. And as they were telling me it's not time to push and don't push, I HAD to push! I'll always remember my mother saying, 'if you get to the point where you need to push, if feels great'. And with Natalie, that was totally the case! Felt great getting that chick outta there. But Emmit... Huge baby + no epidural + baby getting stuck = DOH!! Mr. Emmit boy got stuff at his shoulders. It was horrible. I didn't know what to do or how to push any harder than I was. Stephen stepped back, my mom stepped back. The doctor didn't look sure anymore. And then someone pushed the emergency button. All of a sudden the room was full and a nurse was on a step stool leaning over me pushing on my stomach. As if I wasn't in enough pain?! After that torture, my tiny boy was out! Emmit was so bruised and beat up, he looked black when he came out. Nope, no Usher baby here.. It's so crazy how you can fall in love with someone so quickly at first site. I had waited so long for this little guy and the wait was definitely worth it.

Emmit Michael Taylor Born on March 9th, 2013 @ 12:34am Emmit went 34 minutes past his due date so he could share his birthday with his Grandma (Wilbanks) 10 lbs 4 oz 21 inches long

1 comment:

Paola Cooper said...

yeah, finally! love the update! I try to do a blog every 2-3 months. I can only imagine how busy you are with 3 kiddos! xoxo